If you're like me, you're always trying to find ways to eat cake for breakfast without incurring people's pesky judgements.
I like inventing desserts but I also like solving problems, so I've created a cake that'll give you a darn good cover for your morning cake consumption.
At the bottom of the bowl, there's a crunchy and sweet cornflake base. Covering that, you have a crazy creamy and rich no-bake cheesecake and a handful of cornflakes sprinkled on top for good measure.
It's a great treat for a brekkie-themed party or a surprise for someone that's notorious for their cereal obsession.
Bowl of Cornflakes No-Bake Cheesecake Supplies
- A medium size bowl - I used bowl 8cm in diameter and 10cm deep and it was perfect!
- A large metal spoon
- Electric mixer
Crunchy Cornflake Base Ingredients
- 2 ½ cups honey corn flakes
- ¼ cup (56g) butter, melted
Crunchy Cornflake Base Instructions
1. Blitz corn flakes and melted butter in food processor until crumbly
2. Press the mixture into the bottom of your bowl VERY lightly - don't press it hard or it'll be really hard to cut into when you're serving
3. Place your big spoon in the bowl, pushing the tip of the spoon into the centre of the base a little bit so it stays put
Bowl of Cornflakes No-Bake Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 2 x 250g packs cream cheese (those are the standard boxes of cream cheese)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk (that’s one of those small 395g cans)
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatine
Bowl of Cornflakes No-Bake Cheesecake Filling Instructions
1. Measure out the 3 tablespoons of milk into a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 20 secs
2. Sprinkle gelatin powder into the bowl of hot milk, stirring as you sprinkle with a fork; keep stirring until combined then set aside
3. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and beat on high in an electric mixer until smooth
4. Add the sweetened condensed milk and 1/4 cup of milk and keep it beating on high until smooth
5. Add the gelatine/milk mixture and beat until combined
Bowl of Cornflakes Cheesecake Topping
- 1 cup honey cornflakes
Bowl of Cornflakes Cheesecake Assembly
1. Get the bowl with the base and spoon out of the refrigerator and carefully pour the filling into the bowl
2. Gently slide the bowl back and forth across a hard surface to smooth out the top
3. Sprinkle the cup of honey cornflakes over the top
4. Put in the refrigerator to set (about an hour)
Subscribe to Bean Mail to stay on top
of this here blog situation!