Awhile back, I came up with a weirdly realistic-looking pizza cake. I still think that's your best bet for a pizza-loving pal's birthday, but it's also a pretty involved recipe.
For an easier baking sesh, you can whip up these party pizzas with cookie bases and sweet toppings!
The base can be whatever your favourite cookie is. I had a hard time deciding between peanut butter cookie and m&m cookie but the later won out in the end. It's not like you can ever go wrong with any kind of cookie though, so definitely don't stress about it.
Cookie Pizza Supplies
- 1 batch of cookie dough, homemade or store-bought (I used m&m cookie dough but you can go for peanut butter, chocolate chip or whatever!)
- Strawberry jam
- Sour straps (to cut into pepperoni)
- Icing (recipe below)
- Anything else you fancy throwing on top!
- Baking pan
Cookie Pizza Icing
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons milk
- 1 tiny drop yellow food colouring
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl until smooth
Cookie Pizza Instructions
1. Preheat the oven according to cookie dough recipe instructions and line a baking tray
2. Divide your cookie dough into discs about 10cm in diameter and 3cm thick
3. Place two discs onto your lined tray (if you put too many on there, they may be too close together and bake into each other)
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on your dough
5. While the big cookies are still hot, use the back of a spoon to press them down in the middle, creating a raised crust
6. Transfer them to a cooking rack and repeat with the rest of the cookie dough until you have all your bases
7. While you wait for them to cool, make your pepperoni by cutting little circles out of your sour strap candy
8. When they've cooled, spread a couple tablespoons of strawberry jam onto each one
9. Drizzle your yellow icing over the jam and top with sour strap pepperoni
Subscribe to Bean Mail to stay on top
of this here blog situation!