The perfect picnic is all about picking the perfect spot.
It's also about cheese and crackers and wine and all the other snacks. But there's no denying that location is just as key as the brie.
Plant this picnic flag into the dirt and that spot is yours. It'll also add to the positive picnic vibes because everyone knows a flag legitimizes things. If you like picnics, just wait 'til you experience an OFFICIAL picnic; it's next level.
The flag slips on and off the wood pole, so keep an eye on the blog because I'll have more flag patterns for you from time to time!
Get the pretty PDF of instructions and patterns here:
DIY Felt Picnic Flag Supplies
- 2 sheets of red felt
- 1 sheet of bright yellow felt
- 1 sheet of brown felt
- 1 sheet of orange felt
- 1 sheet of green felt
- 1 sheet of white felt
- 1 sheet of purple felt
- 1 sheet of dark yellow felt
- 1 sheet of light blue felt
- 1 wooden dowel (1cm in diamater and about 90cm long - it's a standard size)
- hot glue gun
- 3 pins
- patterns from PDF (secure download link above)
DIY Felt Picnic Flag Instructions
-print out the patterns from pages 2 and 3 of the PDF (secure download link above)
-heat up your hot glue gun
-take your sheet of light blue felt and one of the shorter ends to a 2.5cm fold then pin it
-use your hot glue gun to glue that fold in place, removing pins as you go (this is creatingthe slot for the flag pole to slide into
-glue the top of the slot shut (so the flag won't slip down the pole)
-Cut out your patterns; there are two ways to do this:
1. Cut out the patterns perfectly then hold them onto the felt sheets and trace around them then cut the felt using your traced lines as the guide
2. Cut out a square around each item on the patterns and pin the patterns to the felt, then cut the shapes out perfectly by cutting through the paper and the felt
3. Surprise Option 3! Do #1 for the large items and #2 for the small items (this is my favourite method)
-when all items have been cut out of the various colours, hot glue them to the light blue flag (see image above for a guide)
-slip the pole into the pole slot and you're ready to picnic!
-stay tuned for more flag patterns for holidays and special themed parties!
Subscribe to Bean Mail to stay on top
of this here blog situation!