People love chocolate and people really, really love chocolate that has their name on it!
This is my personalised chocolate bar and you can make it at home pretty easily. All you need is white and milk chocolate, a container, letter cookie cutters and some pots and pans.
They make a great birthday present and you can keep the idea in mind for affordable, fun Christmas presents in a couple months!
This recipe is for one 16x9cm bar, which is what I did. But you can really do whatever size and shape you want! This recipe is just a guideline to get your creative sparks flying.
Personalised Chocolate Bar Supplies
- 16x9cm container (for the bar to set in - if you have a silicon container, that's PERFECT but otherwise, a tupperware container works)
- Loaf baking tin (for white chocolate for letters to set in)
- Aluminium foil
- Baking paper
- Small stove pot
- Small heatproof bowl that fit on the top of the stove pot
- 200g milk chocolate
- 180g white chocolate
- Letter cookie cutters
Personalised Chocolate Bar Instructions
1. Heat about 2 centimetres of water in the small pot over high heat until boiling, then turn down to a simmer
2. While it boils, line your baking tin with foil and finish with a sheet of baking paper, cut to size to sit in the bottom
3. Break your white chocolate into pieces and place it in the heatproof bowl and place the bowl on top of the pot over the simmering water
4. It will melt slowly; keep an eye on it and when it's almost melted, remove it and gently stir it until it's all melted and smooth
5. Pour it into the lined loaf tin and place in the refrigerator to set for about 20-30mins
6. While it sets, line your bar container with foil and finish with a sheet of baking paper, cut to size to sit in the bottom (try to smooth the foil against the sides as much as possible; if it's messy, the edges of your chocolate bar will be messy)
7. When the white chocolate is set, get it out of the fridge and gently lift it out of the loaf tin using the foil then peel the foil away and peel the baking paper off the bottom
8. Place the slab of white chocolate onto a fresh sheet of baking paper and cut your letters out (it may seem tricky at first but you'll be great at it a few letters in)
9. Put your letter onto a plate and place it in the freezer
10. Now melt the milk chocolate in the same way you melted the white choclate
11. Pour the milk chocolate into your lined bar container then get the letters out of the freezer and gently press them into the milk chocolate
12. Place the bar container into the refrigerator or freezer to set for about 30min
13. When it's set, wrap it in foil and make a label for it out of your favourite wrapping paper!
Subscribe to Bean Mail to stay on top
of this here blog situation!