You can't go buying your mother a packet of biscuits for Mother's Day.
But you CAN bake some simple sugar cookies, whip up a quick batch of pink cream cheese frosting and plop her favourite biscuits on top!
And, in fact, you should.
I made a big batch of these babies and went to town plopping Tim Tams, Kingstons, Oreos and Iced Vovos on top. If you don't already know what your mother's top biscuit is, ask your dad! Or think really hard. The information shouldn't be too hard to come by!
Your Mum's Favourite Biscuit... on a Biscuit Sugar Cookie Base Ingredients
makes 12 large round sugar cookies (10cm in diameter)
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¾ cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Your Mum's Favourite Biscuit... on a Biscuit Sugar Cookie Base Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 190C and line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Beat together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined
4. Add the flour, baking powder and salt until combined
5. Turn out the dough onto a sheet of cling wrap, wrap it up in a disc shape and put in the freezer for 20 minutes
6. Get half the dough out of the freezer and roll it out to about half a centimetre thickness
7. Use a large round cookie cutter (I used one 10cm in diameter) to cut circles out of the dough, transferring the dough circles to the lined baking tray
8. Gather the scraps, roll out again and repeat the process of cutting out circles
9. Bake for about 8 minutes until slightly gold around the edges
10. Transfer to a cooling rack and do a second batch of cookies with the other half of the dough
11. Allow all cookies to cool completely after baking
Your Mum's Favourite Biscuit... on a Biscuit Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1 block Philadelphia Cream Cheese (ideally at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 drop pink food colouring
Your Mum's Favourite Biscuit... on a Biscuit Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions
1. Mix all frosting ingredients together well
2. Scoop frosting into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip
Your Mum's Favourite Biscuit... on a Biscuit Assembly
1. Pipe a nice dollop of cream cheese frosting onto the centre of each sugar cookie
2. Press your mum's favourite biscuit into the frosting at a nice jaunty angle
Subscribe to Bean Mail to stay on top
of this here blog situation!